Curious to know what exactly is Liebster Award?
Well, the Liebster Award exists only on the internet and is given to new bloggers (< 500 subscribers) by other bloggers. “Liebster” is a German word that translates into sweetest. So being nominated is bound to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Upon acceptance, you must pass this award along with new questions to other (new) bloggers so the love will continue to spread.
I was recently nominated for this award by Julia from Drops of Wander. Thank you, girlie! Julia, a conservation biologist, is a very talented photographer. Her passions include taking photos and traveling the world. Go check her blog out and give her some love, will ‘ya? 🙂
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you
- Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award Logo
- Answer 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
- Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award
- Nominate 5-11 new favorite bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees
- Notify the nominees
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominators Liebster Award Post
What was your first travel destination?
Langkawi Island. It is located 55 minutes away (by flight) from Kuala Lumpur (where I’m from). The beaches are beautiful and booze is cheap. You can get a can of beer for $1 🙂 It’s a free duty island, mind you.
What’s the weirdest way of transport that you’ve used while traveling?
Horse carriage. It’s really sad. We were on Gili Trawangan, one of the stunning Indonesian islands with pristine beaches and booming tourist development. There is no motorized transportation on Gili T. So your option is to either rent a bike or pay for a ‘cidomo’ (horse cart). So disturbing to see how awful they treat the horses 🙁
What is your favorite continent and why?
Europe, because it’s so well-connected. If you’re in Central Europe, you can pretty much take Eurail everywhere. And I love how well they preserve their old (and gorgeous) architecture. You rarely find this in Malaysia.
If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
Iceland. It’s on my bucket list since the last few years but haven’t had the chance to realize that dream yet.
What are the top three things you always take in your suitcase?
My inflight-socks, a book and my favorite sleeping-mask.
Why did you start blogging?
I see it as a way to express myself. I blogged in a different niche before but only recently made the switch to travel blogging.
What’s the worst thing you had to eat while traveling?
No such experience yet 😉 I’m a really, really picky eater.
And the best?
It’ll have to be the octopus pizza I had in Florence.
Are you more into cold destinations or warm ones?
I prefer somewhere in between. My ideal season is autumn.
What’s your best travel-related memory?
My trip to Prague. I did that journey alone and I “found” myself along the way 🙂
What’s on your travel wish list for 2017?
Visiting the States again *cross fingers*
Now I’d like to nominate the following bloggers for the award:
- Hannah & Jacob – Paper Towns and a Love Story
- Trini – Hot Foot Trini
- Anna Harris – Filipokie
- Nic & Karen – Traveling Dreads
- Rob & Taiss – Together in Thailand
My questions for the nominees are:
- What makes you start your own travel blog?
- Were you raised to travel? Or did you decide to be different and explore the world?
- What/Who inspires you to travel the world?
- If you can be anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is your favorite travel essential?
- Is there a city you’ve been to but hate?
- What is the best accommodation you’ve ever stayed in?
- And the worst?
- What is the most amazing thing you’ve seen while traveling?
- What is your least favorite thing about traveling?
- Do you have any tips for new bloggers?